Weighting, calculator or conditional logic are all names for the feature that allows you to have a custom Thank You message at the end of your survey based off of user responses to your questions. This is very common when creating screening tools. To see an example of this in action take the demo survey "What's should I have for lunch today?" based on your responses at the end it will suggest where you should go for lunch. Very powerful. In this guide, you learn how to create your first conditional.
- Click on a Quadrant question in the editor. For this example we use the "What are you in the mood for?" question built using this guide.
- On the right side of the screen click on the Calculator button.
3. This will cause the menu to fly out.
4. Click the drop down next to Add to see the various options available to you. This allows you to add or subtract from the score based on the answer.
5. For this example set the following Add values:
6. Everything saves automatically. Now click the Thank You button at the bottom right.
7. On the Thank You screen click on the Conditionals icon on the right.
8. To add a new Condition click on the plus symbol.
9. Now enter 100 and 199 for the scores between. This would represent someone who chose Breakfast Foods.
10. Now customize the Thank You screen by clicking on New Condition 1 in the preview screen.
11. In the editor on the left enter "Yummy!"
12. Click the New Description 1 in the preview screen.
13. In the editor on the left enter "You chose Breakfast Food."
14. Click the Thank You in the preview screen.
15. In the editor on the left enter "Enjoy".
16. Now repeat steps 8 to 15 for the other choices using the following values.
Now your survey has custom Thank You messages based on a user's choice to your Quadrant Smart Form.
If you wanted to take it to the next level, then you would add response scores for the question "How much do you want to spend today?". For each of those responses, you would assign a value of 10, 20, 30, 40. Then you would update your Thank You to have a different output for 100 to 110, 120 to 129, 130 to 139, and 140 to 149. You would now have a total of 16 possible results so you would need 16 different Thank You outputs. In a future video, we will walk through building this out step-by-step. In the meantime, if you need additional help with this feature do not hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org, and one of our Wizards will walk you through the process.