The Open Text Smart Form is a fun way for a survey taker to provide typed responses. Use the following steps to build this example question.
Note: Your work is saved automatically as you work through the steps so don’t fret looking for a save button.
- To create the Smart Form: From the Survey Home Page click the + icon at the bottom of the page.
- To choose the Open Text Smart Form: On the Choose a Smart Form screen click on OPEN TEXT.
- To update your question’s text: On the Smart Form image click on the words “Your Question”.
- To type out your question: On the left-hand side, below ENTER YOUR TEXT, type your question. Note: As you type you will see a number to your right that is the number of characters remaining. Data science best practices require your question to be less than 90 characters, and the editor will enforce this limit.
- To edit the SUBMIT button: On the Smart Form image click the button.
- To type on your button: On the left-hand side, below ENTER YOUR TEXT, type your text for your button. Note: You have a 20 character limit.
- To change the color of the button: On the left-hand side, below CHOOSE A COLOR, select the new color.
That does it. You now have a fun, engaging way to collect qualitative data using the Open Text Smart Form.