The Orbit Smart Form is a fun way for a survey taker to provide a single answer to a multiple-choice question by dragging the appropriate bubble to the center bubble. Also, you can customize the image they drag their response to, allowing you to incorporate visuals into the response.
Use the following steps to build this example question.
Note: Your work is automatically saved as you work through the steps so don’t fret looking for a save button.
- To create the Smart Form: From the Survey Home Page click the + icon at the bottom of the page.
- To choose the Orbit Smart Form: On the Choose a Smart Form screen click on ORBIT.
- To update your question’s text: On the Smart Form image click on the words “Your Question”.
- To type out your question: On the left-hand side, below ENTER YOUR TEXT, type your question. Note: As you type you will see a number to your right that is the number of characters remaining. Data science best practices require your question to be less than 90 characters, and the editor will enforce this limit.
- To edit ANSWER 1: On the Smart Form image click the green circle that says “ANSWER 1”.
- To type out answer 1: On the left-hand side, below ENTER YOUR TEXT, type your text for ANSWER 1. Note: You have a 20 character limit.
- To change the color for answer 1: On the left-hand side, below CHOOSE A COLOR, select the new color.
Hoolio tip: This color will also show up when visualizing the data on your dashboard.
- To edit answers 2 – 4: Repeat steps 5 through 7. Make sure to use different colors for each option for ease of reporting and use.
- To customize the image they drag their response to: On the Smart Form image click the purple circle that says "DRAG HERE".
- To select the image you want to upload: Click the button on the left that says "UPLOAD".
- To remove the previous image selected: Click the button on the right that says "CLEAR"
That does it. You now have a fun, engaging way to collect data using the Orbit Smart Form.