The Grid Smart Form allows you to have a multitude of options for creating a survey question. You can have from 3 to 9 responses for respondents to choose from. Then you can control how many responses users can select 1 to 9. This gives you complete flexibility in crafting the perfect question and allowing users to respond in a fun, modern way.
Use the following steps to build this example question.
* Ability to add images to responses is coming 5/15/2017
Note: Your work is saved automatically as you work through the steps so don’t fret looking for a save button.
To create the Multi Grid Smart Form: From the Survey Home Page click the + icon at the bottom of the page.
To choose the Multi Grid Smart Form: On the Choose a Smart Form screen click on Multi Grid.
To update your question’s text: On the Smart Form image click on the words “Your Question”.
To type out your question: On the left-hand side, below ENTER YOUR TEXT, type your question. Note: As you type you will see a number to your right that is the number of characters remaining. Data science best practices require your question to be less than 90 characters, and the editor will enforce this limit.
- To edit an answer: On the Smart Form image click on the answer that says Box 1.
- To update the answer: On the left-hand side, below ENTER YOUR TEXT, type your text for the answer.
- To change the color of your answer button: On the left-hand side, below CHOOSE A COLOR, select the color you want to make the answer button.
- Now you can repeat steps 5 - 7 for each answer.
Adjusting the options
Below is the special options interface for the Multi Grid. You can use it to control the number of answers shown to the user and how many options they are allowed to choose.
- Use the + button to add answers up to 9. As you add answers you will see the preview in the center of the editor update in real time.
- Use the - button to remove answers to a minimum of 3. As you remove answers you will see the preview in the center of the editor update in real time.
- This number shows the current number of answers.
- Click the Single button if users are only allowed one response to the question. If currently selected the button will be blue.
- Click the Multiple button if users are allowed to provide more than one response to the question. If currently selected the button will be blue.
- Use the + button to increase the maximum number of responses users are allowed to provide. For example, if you select 4 then users may respond with 1 to 4 answers.
- Use the - button to decrease the maximum number of responses users are allowed to provide. For example, if you select 6 then users may respond with 1 to 6 answers.
- This number shows the current number of answers user may provide. Be sure to update your question text tell users what you are expecting.
That does it. You are now ready to create your own Multi Grid Smart Forms.