The Honeycomb Smart Form allows is another cool option to have for creating a multiple-choice survey question. You can have up to 6 responses for respondents to choose from. Then you can control how many responses users can select 1 to 6. This gives you complete flexibility in creating the best question and allowing your users to respond in a visually engaging way.
Use the following steps to build this example question.
Note: Your work is saved automatically as you work through the steps so don’t fret looking for a save button.
To create the Honeycomb Smart Form: From the Survey Home Page click the + icon at the bottom of the page.
To choose the Honeycomb Smart Form: On the Choose a Smart Form screen click on Hex.
To update your question’s text: On the Smart Form image click on the words “Your Question”.
To type out your question: On the left-hand side, below ENTER YOUR TEXT, type your question. Note: As you type you will see a number to your right that is the number of characters remaining. Data science best practices require your question to be less than 90 characters, and the editor will enforce this limit.
- To edit an answer: On the Smart Form image click on the answer that says Answer 1.
- To update the answer: On the left-hand side, below ENTER YOUR TEXT, type your text for the answer.
- To change the color of your submit button in the center: On the left-hand side, below CHOOSE A COLOR, select the color you want to make the submit button.
- Note: You are only able to change the color of the submit button at this time. Changing the color of your submit button will change the color theme for all of the answers on the Hex Smart Form.
- To change the text of your submit button in the center: On the left-hand side, below ENTER YOUR TEXT, type your text for the submit text.
- Now you can repeat steps 5 - 6 for each answer.
Adjusting the options
Below is the special options interface for the Hex. You can use it to control the number of answers shown to the user and how many options they are allowed to choose.
- Use the + button to add answers up to 6. As you add answers you will see the preview in the center of the editor update in real time.
- Use the - button to remove answers to a minimum of 1. As you remove answers you will see the preview in the center of the editor update in real time.
- This number shows the current number of answers.
- Click the Single button if users are only allowed one response to the question. If currently selected the button will be blue.
- Click the Multiple button if users are allowed to provide more than one response to the question. If currently selected the button will be blue.
- Use the + button to increase the maximum number of responses users are allowed to provide. For example, if you select 4 then users may respond with 1 to 4 answers.
- Use the - button to decrease the maximum number of responses users are allowed to provide. For example, if you select 6 then users may respond with 1 to 6 answers.
- This number shows the current number of answers user may provide. Be sure to update your question text tell users what you are expecting.
- Use the Submit button Text input field to change display the message you want users to see when they are submitting their answers. For example, once the users select the correct amount of answers, the Submit Button will change to the submission text you have entered. Note: The default text is 'SUBMIT'.
- That does it. You are now ready to create your own Honeycomb Smart Forms.